In order to minimize the risk of possible side effects and complications of injections, please follow these simple steps:
- Do NOT consume alcohol at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible, for 2 weeks before treatment. This includes aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Schedule your Dermal Filler and Neurotoxin appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending. Results can take approximately 4-7 days to appear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period.
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores, please let Dr. Moran know. She may put you on an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.